The morning was spent at the Riccarton Farmer's Market. Always a treat each trip.
※天気予報では雨でしたが、実際には霧雨。素晴らしい天気が明日も続きますように。だって明日はサーフィンのひですから。
※17日の朝は リカトンマーケットへ。農場主が市場を出しています。日本でいえば道の駅みないなもんですかね。常時出店しているわけではないのですが。
I typically get a bacon sandwitch, but this bakery that makes pita bread stuffed with feta cheese was here this time so I jumped at the chance to get one. Sadly they are moving to Australia and won't be here for the August SCC programme.
※留学生のブログにも載っていたパン屋さんですね。確かに上からパンが滑り落ちている。小さな丸いパンにヤギのチーズが塗ってあるんですって。このお店はもうすぐオーストラリアへ移転するとのこと。今年の夏のSCCセミナーで来たときはもう無くなっているんだとか。残念ね。
A little bit of coaching and the studnets ordered their "long black" or "flat white" coffees with no problems! Great communication!
※ニュージーランドではコーヒーもよく飲まれます。日本では、アメリカン、ブラック程度ですが、現地では色々な言い方をします。ロング・ブラックやフラット・ホワイトとか。帰国したらお嬢様からどんなコーヒーかをお聞きください。
Geoff sensei adding some local knowledge on the way to the botanical gardens.
※ジェフ先生に植物園で色々と説明を受けております。
A quick break for fun on the balance beam.
※過日の平均台の練習成果を見せているところ?でも、大丈夫ですか?その柵は体重に耐えられるんですよね。おっと、失礼!
Some basic tree climbing also was done. If tree climbing was an Olympic sport, the Kiwis would get a gold each year.
※大きな木やから、木登りしやすいのかな?オリンピックに木登りの種目があれば、ニュージーランド人が金メダルを取る?
The downtown area is really coming together after the 2011 earthquake. I kind of miss the old busted up city, but happy to have a few proper banks and a post office open now.
※もう7年も経つんですよね、あの大地震から。あれは、確か2月22日に発生しましたね。多くの建物が倒壊し、甚大な被害がありました。徐々に復興がなされ、これまでは仮設であった銀行や郵便局も元に戻っています。
Remnants of the earthquake still remain.
※しかしながら、まだこのように地震の爪痕もあります。
Final shot of the Ilam Grounds looking towards the main UC campus on the way back from the bus stop.
※グランドの向こうに見える建物がカンタベリー大学のメインキャンパス。SCCがあるのは、教育学部です。メインとは相当離れています。この広大なグランドでイケメンの学生がラグビーやサッカーをしていたのかな?









