2018年8月31日金曜日

8月30日 - Free Day

This morning I got to get some cleaning done here at the SCC and take a little walk. This was the first really free time I have had since arriving in Christchurch. I used the opportunity to explore a new part of the town I have not yet been to, the northeast coastal area. There is a hiking trail all along the coast so I began at the New Brighton pier and began walking north along the coast line. It is a dramatic landscape and one that reminds me a lot of central California--near where I grew up. The trees and dust even had similar smells.
潮の香がするような海岸です。ここはニューブライトンの海岸。Davidにとっては生まれ故郷のカルフォルニアを思い出させるような場所のようです。





After doing some last minute shopping downtown and sending out some postcards to my family (which will arrive well after I do) we had the closing ceremony and dinner. Sadly I did not get a good photo during the meal as we were all having a great time chatting and enjoying being together for one last time in NZ. This programme has been outstanding thanks to all the hard work the students put into it. I have been impressed by their observations and moved by their kindness. It could not have been a better group of students. I will miss not being able to spend time with them like we have done here once we return.
この後研修最後の閉講式を行い、最後の晩餐を現地で行いましたが、生憎写真がうまく撮影できなかったようで、ご覧に入れることができません。悪しからずご了承の程お願いします。これまでの短期留学生も素晴らしい学生でしたが、今回は更に素晴らしい学生であったようです。

※帰国したら、直ぐ報告書作成にかかります。既に下書きはしているとは思いますが、きっと素晴らしい報告書を作成してくれるのではないかと期待をしています。