2019年2月24日日曜日

2月23日 餃子交流会&ラグビー

Today we had a Gyoza Exchange Party between our students and the JSOC students. After arrival in Christchurch the studnets made 3 groups and each had their own gyoza recipe, a classic one, a tomato and cheese one and a kimchi one. Yesterday I went shopping and got all the ingredients--including gyoza wrappers made fresh here in Christchurch.  
 カンタベリー大学日本語サークルの学生と餃子パーティをしました。、一般的な餃子は勿論のこと、トマト、チーズ、キムチ味の餃子だそうです。前日餃子の皮から材料を買い込んで作ったそうです。皮もクライストチャーチで作ってるんですか。

First we all met in the Hinoki room and gave introductions. The SWU studnets in English and the JSOC students in Japanese. We split the JSOC students among the 3 teams and they headed off to their kitchens to start cooking.
SCC内の建物の一つ、ケヤキ・ハウスで開催式。我が留学生は英語で、カンタベリー大学の学生は日本語で挨拶をした後、3組に分かれてキッチンへ。
I used this time to set up the room and get some rice going for everyone. I also brought some rice seasoning from Japan for everyone to try.
日本から持参したお米を使って引率者はお米を炊いたり、部屋をセットしたり大変です。

By the time I had finished getting the room and rice ready, the students already used all 220 gyoza wrappers I bought. 
全部で220枚の餃子の皮を用意しましたが、それを全部使い切りました。
It was time to move back to Hinoki and begin cooking them up.
で、上の写真の通り、美味しそうな餃子が完成。
The SWU students taught the JSOC studnets how to cook the gyoza just right.
留学生は餃子の焼き方を指導。
Everyone had fun, had a great lunch and practiced their English and Japanese.
 お昼ご飯を美味しくいただきました。勿論双方にとって英語と日本語の練習にもなりました。
After dinner we got on the van to the Rugby match.
Today is the first home game of the SuperRugby season for the Canterbury Crusaders so it's a big deal. 
 餃子パーティの後は、ラグビー観戦。スーパーラグビーの最初のホームゲーム。クライストチャーチにはクルセーダーというチームがあります。関西で言うとさながら、阪神タイガース。人気チームです。このチームからもナショナル・チームのオールブラックスに選出される選手も結構います。対戦相手は、ウエリントンのハリケーン。
The opponents were the Hurricanes from the Wellington area.

In our seats for the match. Free facepaint from MoreFM a local radio station. 
 留学生が顔にペイントをしてもらっています。無料で描いてもらったそうです。
And the match begins. Still bright out at 7:45pm
試合は午後7時45分に開始。現地はまだ「夏」ということで、この明るさ。
Getting a little darker for the halftime show.
時間を追うごとにだんだん暗くなっていきます。
A Crusader victory and a great experience for everyone. Personally, I am glad to see more Japanese interested in rugby and getting excited for the World Cup later this year as it is my favorite sport to watch.
地元チームの勝利。日本では2月23日、東京・秩父宮ラグビー場で行われたサンウルブス(日本代表)とワラターズ(新聞にはワラタスと紹介されています。オーストラリア)が対戦し、日本代表は31対30で惜しくも負けてしまいましたが、今年のワールドカップでは日本の健闘も期待されます。留学生がラグビー人気を牽引してくれますかね。
Once more great thing, no rain! It was a bit cold, but at least we were not wet.
 天候は余り良くないような予報であったのですが、寒さは感じつつも、濡れずに済みました。この第1団は天候には恵まれていますね。第2団もそうであってほしいですね。
You can see some of the highlights from the match here:
上のサイトにアクセスすれば留学生が観戦したゲームの様子が見られるそうです。
Tomorrow is a free day so each student will send me a photo of what they did for the blog.
 明日は特に予定を組んでいません。各自どのように過ごすのでしょうか。一日中寝てたらアカンで。ほんでもって、無駄遣いしたらアキマセンよ。