From early in the morning the two Sports & Health students joined Dr Light's practicum.
※総健の学生用の講義。ライト博士から指導を受けました。学生のブログ、Asukaさんのものを参照願います。
After the lesson they didn't want to stop and played some basketball with a few of the studnets.
I would have loved to play some basketball, but instead I rushed over to Ogino-sensei's advanced Japanese lesson where the rest of the students were to get some photos.
※講義が終了しても学生は指導内容を確かめるようにバスケットボールをしていました。Davidはすぐ踵を返して荻野先生の上級日本語講座に参加しました。
It looked like everyone had a lovely time.
※参加した本学の学生も、カンタベリー大学の学生と楽しい時を過ごしたようです。Chiakiさんのブログと合わせてご覧ください。
Then it was off to Willowbank to see some kiwi and other native NZ animals.
※講義後は、ウリローバンクという「動物園」にキーウィ等を見に行きました。
Feeding the eels.
※写真ではよく見えませんが、ウナギに餌を与えています。
Crossing the bridge.
※園内には写真のような橋があります。
Hearding the birds.
※What does "hearding" mean?
写真の様子では、鳥を追いかけているように見えるのですが...。
Petting the horse.
※これは見ての通りやね。ナデナデ!
Feeding the sheep.
※これもそうですね。羊への餌やり。
Some ore the studnets were scared to feed the animals, but I forced them to try. If they left Willowbank without feeding the animals, it would be such a missed opportunity. One they might never have again! Everyone I saw tried their best and challenged themselves to do something new and a little scary.
※動物とあまり触れ合う経験のない学生には、動物に餌を与えるのに少し二の足を踏む学生もいたそうですが、Davidはそんな学生にも経験するよう、できるだけ勧めてくれたようです。こんな機会は滅多にないので、良い機会になったと思いますね。何でもチャレンジしてもらいたいと思います。でないと、「あの時、しておけば良かった」と思う日が必ずくると思うので。ちょっと怖かったのかなぁ?
We were very lucky to be joined by 4 UC students today who took time out of their schedules to join us. Thank you so much! Joining the SWU students for events like this makes the experience so much more fulfilling.
※カンタベリー大学の学生もバディとして一緒に行動してくれたんですね。4名の皆さん、有り難うございました。本学でも、カンタベリー大学の学生が来日したときは、どのプログラムにも本学の学生がバディとして行動を共にしています。カンタベリー大学の皆さん、是非、園田学園女子大学にお越しください。待ってますから。










