2018年2月20日火曜日

Feb 19 - ECE Visit, NZ Cooking, CPR, Nursing, Coaching Lesson, Long Term Student Arrival

Today was probably the busiest day of the programme. My apologies as I could attend all the events the students did today. Please I have four blogs from the studnets today to cover all the lessons I could not personally attend.

I sent of the education studnets to the ECE visit with Geoff-sensei then went straight to helping set up the NZ cooking lesson for the nutrition studnets.
※春季SCCセミナーで、多分今日が最も忙しい日となりました。Davidだけでは、全プログラム(現地での講師の都合上、学科毎のプログラムを同時刻に組み込んでいるため)の写真は撮影できませんので、一部しか載せることができません。ご了承願います。それぞれのプログラムについては、後から掲載する学生のブログを参照願います。
※最初、ジェフ先生と幼児教育学科、児童教育学科のプログラムに引率し、直ぐ食物栄養学科の学生の支援にまわりました。以下は調理実習をしている場面です。



Once the lesson started off with Nicola-sensei and our guest cooking teacher, Kathrine, I took the sport & health studnets to sit in on a lecture on coaching by Dr Richard Light. I was too busy taking notes and enjoying the talk to take photos sorry! We'll be back on Friday to join Dr Light's lesson in the gym.
※実習の講師はキャサリーン先生。現地職員のニコラにここは任せることにして、総健グループの学生の講義に行きました。講師は、昨年園田学園女子大学に来て、バスケットを通じて、スポーツの指導方法について教えてもらったカンタベリー大学の教授です。名前は、リチャード・ライト先生。金曜日に再び教えてもらうことになっています。


After the lecture we rushed back to the SCC to have the lunch the nutrition studnets made. It was delicious. Roast lamb with veggies!
※午前の講義を終え、SCCに戻って食物栄養学科の学生が実習で作った料理を美味しく食べました。料理は、野菜とローストラム。う~ん、美味しそうですね。一つ料理のレパートリーが増えましたね。



And there was ice cream!
※おやまぁ、アイスクリームもあったんですか。まさか、毎日アイスクリームを食べていないでしょうね。あるテレビ番組で、サモアの人が毎日アイスクリームを食べ続けていたら、136キロになったって言ってたよ。ニュージーランドのアイスクリームは美味しいからって、ほどほどにね。



Thank you Kathrine for taking your time to make lunch with our studnets. 
Like surfing yesterday, Kathrine said that she loved doing this lesson with the SWU studnets and she was looking forward to doing it again! The best complement ever.
※キャサリーン先生、有り難うございました。サーフィンのインストラクター同様、キャサリーン先生も、本学の学生は素晴らしく、講義がし易かったようです。お世辞にしても嬉しいね。でも、本当に今年の学生は素晴らしいんです。勿論、これまでの参加者も素晴らしかったんですよ。キャサリーン先生、また、来年度も宜しくお願いします。



After we finished eating lunch, we hurriedly rearranged the room for the CPR Seminar with Dr Deepa from the NZ Red Cross.
※美味しい昼食を食べたら、大急ぎで部屋を片付け、心肺蘇生法の講義。講師は、ニュージーランド赤十字社のディーパ博士。










Dr Deepa said our students had great technique and were well trained. We enjoyed discussing the differences in CPR (not many) and responses to choking (quite different) between Japan and New Zealand. Thank you for the lovely lesson!
※ディーパ博士によると、本学の学生は素晴らしいとのこと。本学でしっかり、みっちり学習した成果が出ています。日本とニュージーランドの蘇生方の違いについて討論しました。先生、有り難うございました。


After the CPR lesson I quickly rearranged the tables again for the following nursing seminar. Nicola-sensei arrived with Sharon the nurse who would be speaking to the studnets and we swapped places. I took off to the airport to pick up Ayana, this year's long term exchange student at the airport.
※蘇生方講習が終わり、また看護学生用のセミナーに部屋を模様替え。ニコラには看護師のシャロン先生を連れてきてもらい、その後は看護学学生のための通訳をお願いしています。現地では人手不足もあり、Davidは先日このブログでも報告した長期留学生を出迎えに空港まで行きました。で、写真のように無事、元気で長期留学生がクライストチャーチに到着しました。ホッ!一人旅も全く平気な顔をしている、ということは、全てうまく行った証ですね。
※無事到着したことは、電話かメールでご両親には伝えてありますよね。これまでの長期留学生は両親に心配かけさせないように定期的に連絡していたから、貴女も必ずそうしてね。


We stopped by the supermarket and got back to the SCC just in time to get a final shot of the nursing and school nursing studnets with Sharon. Thank you for the lesson!
※Davidと長期留学生は途中スーパーに寄りましたが、何とか看護の講義が終わるまでにSCCに帰り着くことができました。シャロン先生、有り難うございました。